Some ways forward
Note: this section is under construction. The list of questions are shown, but there are no links to the pages showing the answers which are currently being completed.
Suggestions for how to introduce the energy concept, how to develop the ideas and how this lays the foundation for later work.
- How is talking about ‘energy stores’ and ‘energy transfers’ a helpful approach?
- Where is a good starting point for introducing these ideas?
- What should be taught first – conservation or dissipation?
- What are good terms for describing the different kinds of energy store?
- What are good terms for describing the different ways that energy can be transferred?
- What are ‘steady states’?
- How does this relate to quantitative work on energy?
- How important is it to use a ‘special language’ when talking about energy?