Sorting out the science
Note: this section is under construction. The list of questions are shown, but there are no links to the pages showing the answers which are currently being completed.
Basic ideas of thermodynamics which must underpin teaching approaches if they are to make any kind of sense.
- What is energy?
- Where did the idea of energy come from?
- What are the laws of thermodynamics?
- Why is energy conserved?
- What is the First Law of Thermodynamics?
- What is entropy?
- What is the Second Law of Thermodynamics?
- If everything tends to sameness, how can anything be created?
- Does the Second Law apply to living things?