Energy in the National Curriculum, 1991
Key Stage 3 – Attainment target 4: Physical processes
- know that there is a range of fuels used in the home.
- understand that an energy transfer is needed to make things work.
- understand that energy is transferred in any process and recognise transfers in a range of devices.
- understand the difference between renewable and non-renewable energy resources and the need for fuel economy.
- undertand that energy is conserved.
- understand that the Sun is ultimately the major energy source for the Earth.
- understand how energy is transferred through conduction, convection and radiation.
- be able to evaluate methods of reducing wasteful transfers of energy by using a definition of energy efficiency.
- understand the quantitative relationships between force, distance, work, power and time.
Further details can be found in the STEM Learning eLibrary:
Science in the National Curriculum 1991